- Why Choose Costa Rica?
- About Us
- Contact Us
There are many important things to consider when choosing your medical tourism destination. Experienced medical travelers agree that the top considerations include accessibility to high quality healthcare, affordable pricing, convenient location and a world class travel destination. Costa Rica ranks at the top in all these categories.
Costa Rica has invested heavily in healthcare over the past two decades, resulting in a large number of highly educated and experienced qualified physicians covering the complete spectrum of medical specialities and three JCI accredited hospitals. Costa Rica also ranks 36th on the World Health Organizations healthcare quality indices, ahead of the United States.
Advancements in modern medicine are evolving rapidly and offer the promise of dramatically extending and improving the quality of our lives. Unfortunately the rising costs of medical care makes many life enhancing procedures prohibitively expensive. Costa Rica is helping address this need, offering medical services costing 50% to 70% less than the same procedure in North American hospital and putting life changing medical within the reach of more people.
Costa Rica has many advantages over other medical tourism destinations when it comes to fast and easy travel. No medical traveler looks forward to long trans-oceanic flights, onerous customs and immigration policies and long lines. The combination of readily available direct flights from major American travel hubs, simple customs and immigration policies means the majority of medical tourists can arrive at their destination within a few hours of travel without changing time zones and no customs and immigration hassles.
And when it comes to the vacation part of your trip, Costa Rica stands well above the rest. Whether you're enjoying time with your family before the procedure or enjoying a relaxing recovery in one of our exotic locations, Costa Rica has everything you are looking for in a world class tourist destination. There's a good reason why the New York Times ranks Costa Rica as a top tourist destination for 2012 and why Costa Rica ranks #1 on the New Economic Forums Happy Planet Index. A temperate climate, beautiful flora and fauna, rich biodiversity, incredibly geography and a pristine coastline on the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans offer something amazing for everyone.
1. Costa Rica ranks ahead of the United States in the World Health Organizations healthcare quality indices.
2. Costa Rica is widely recognized as having one of the best healthcare systems in Latin America, with more than 30 hospitals and 250 medical and dental clinics.
3. Internationally renowned and JCI Accredited Hospitals.
4. A highly educated and well trained healthcare labour force that speaks both English and Spanish.
5. World-class medical services at prices 50% to 70% less than the equivalent procedure cost in the United States.
6. The happiest people on Earth, ranking #1 on the New Economic Forums 2012 Happy Planet Index.
7. Long standing stable democratic government and among the highest in the Human Development Index (HDI) in Latin America. Costa Rica does not have an army.
8. Unrivalled Ecotourism Destination with 5% of the world's biodiversity, and the highest percentage of protected areas of any country in the world. It is a bird watchers paradise.
9. Year round tropical climate with an average temperature of 72 degrees, with easily accessible beach, mountain and jungle habitat.
10. Easy access from North America with two International Airports, direct flights to many major U.S. and Canadian cities. Costa Rica operates on US Central Standard Time.
First you may want to know about Costa Rica: Where is located? This extraordinary country lies majestically between the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, in the Central American isthmus. Its irregular coasts are full of incredibly beautiful beaches, peninsulas, bays, and gulfs that make it a privileged travel destination.
And if you are now asking yourself, which are the best places to visit in Costa Rica and why is this the best option for your next holidays? Well, let us tell you, this is a unique place where varied ecosystems live together to create impressive landscapes and unique scenic points. The location of Costa Rica is definitely strategic; right in the heart of the occidental hemisphere...just the perfect paradise to enjoy exceptional moments.
This popular tourist destination remains the safest country in Central America, there are just a few travel requirements to enter the country and has a really friendly weather. There are hundreds of activities to do here! This exuberant country has an extraordinary biodiversity, and combines all the necessary ingredients to satisfy the expectations and desires of thousands of travelers that every year visit the country with one adventure vacation package.
Also, this is without a doubt, the birthplace of ecotourism; therefore, many day tours can be enjoyed in its rainforests, volcanoes, rivers and waterfalls; the sightseeing in Costa Rica is just breathtaking! Here you can observe abundance of natural resources, which are all protected by a consolidated National System of Protected Areas, including biological reserves, national parks, forest reserves, and wildlife refuges.
But definitely, the main reason to choose Costa Rica for your next vacations is that this country is perfect for anyone. Students can develop volunteer programs here, the most romantic wedding venues are available here for those looking a unique location for saying “I do”, the coziest boutique hotels are included in the honeymoon packages and the best all-inclusive resorts for familiesare located in its pristine beaches.
1. The People: The people in Costa Rica are often referred to as “Ticos” for men, and “ Ticas” for women. They are known as some of the happiest people in the world, probably due to their relaxed and “pura vida” (pure life) lifestyle. Generally speaking the people in Costa Rica are very friendly and open, in fact, many tourists say that the Ticos are not afraid to open their doors to travelers and new friends. If you make friends with a Tico during your travels, the chances are they will try to make your visit to Costa Rica as amazing as possible.
2. The Forests: Be prepared to see some of the biggest leaves you’ve ever seen! The forests in Costa Rica look like they’ve just come out of a Jerassic Park movie with their long hanging vines, old-growth trees, giant leaves and misty atmosphere. Take a hike through both the rainforest and cloudforest and you will be amazed at this unique wildlife and plantlife that is abundant there. Go with a nature guide to be shown the hidden creatures that live there and learn a little bit about Costa Rican nature. Or, go by yourself! Don’t be afraid, just make sure you explore a well-traveled and well-maintained area.
3. The Adventure Activities: Almost all activities that are available in Costa Rica are based on nature and adventure. The amazing diversity of terrain and the different climates give life to some of the best adventure activities in the world. From Canyoneering and ziplining to stand-up paddling and ocean snorkeling, there is surely something for everyone.
4. The Beaches: Costa Rica is the home to a number of incredible beaches, many of which look like they came straight out of a magazine. Being the long, skinny country that Costa Rica is, both travelers and locals are lucky enough to have the opportunity to enjoy both the Pacific and Caribbean beaches. You can easily get from one coast to the other in a matter of hours, which is ideal because both coasts have so much to offer. On the Pacific side of Costa Rica, vivid turquoise waters wash up along miles of gorgeous palm-tree lined, white-sand beaches, providing the perfect place to soak up the sun or set out on ocean adventures. The Caribbean coast is a site to see because it’s different form other parts of Costa Rica. It is known for its Rastifari culture and laid back vibes, unique cuisine like coconut-milk based beans and rice, raggae music, and some of the most gorgeous beaches in Costa Rica.
5. The Eco-tourism: With plans of being the first carbon neutral country in the world by 2012, Costa Rica is also a destination popular for its eco-tourism - some might even say they were the first to start it. With many eco-friendly hotels and lodges across the country and tour operators attempting to be as low-impact as possible, they are well on their way to full sustainaibility. You can feel good about visiting and not leaving a big footprint.
6. The Wildlife: Costa Rica is home to the most interesting critters and animals. Walk through rainforest trails and you’ll be able to find a sloth or two, howler monkeys, white-faced monkeys and tons of different types of birds. Certain parts of Costa Rica are considered a birdwatchers dream as they are home to a variety of colorful bird species. There are many types of interesting reptiles and amphibians, from venomous and non-venomous snakes to glass frogs and huge spiders. Go out on a night hike and see them all come out at night. Have you ever seen a glass frog? Its skin is so clear that you can see the organs inside of its body. As one of the top five sites in the world for turtle watching, Costa Rica continues to blow people away by witnessing this amazing phenomenon. Thousands of turtles at once come out from the ocean to lay their eggs in the sand. Tours are available for people to behold this magical event and taking part helps protect this endangered species’ eggs from being eaten by predators.
7. The Food: Costa Rica’s lush terrain and abundance of rain and sun brings to life many different kinds of exotic agricultural crops. Pineapple, papaya, mango, avocado, bananas and plantains are usually seen as an exotic treat all over the world, but are enjoyed here as an important staple in the traditional Costa Rican diet. Due to Costa Rica’s unique weather and terrain, there is also an abundance of unique crops that are rare in many other parts the world. You’ll find an array of strange looking fruits - mamon chino, pejibayes, guanabana, mangosteen, star fruit, nance – strange enough looking to make you stop and say “what the..…?” When you are on your Costa Rica vacation, be sure to go shopping at the local fruit stands. Choose a bunch of different unusual fruits and bring them back to your hotel to try.
8. The Volcanoes: Costa Rica is scattered with 14 active and non-active volcanoes that form the grouping known as the ring of fire. The Arenal Volcano, the "sleeping" volcano located in the Northern zone of Costa Rica, was active for many years providing locals and tourists with electric red lava light shows almost every night. There were two substantial eruptions in the past 50 years that devastated a large area of farms and homes. In fact, La Fortuna " the fortunate" got its name because even though it sits at the base of the volcano it was not affected by the huge erruption in 1968. Tourists and locals are lucky to have these volcanoes surrounding them, not only because of their natural beauty but because of the hot springs created by their heat. Costa Rica is speckled by the most amazing hot rivers and hot springs that allow people to relax and reconnect with each other and with nature.
9. The Surfing: Costa Rica is famous for its waves and is one of the top three surfing destinations in the world. The water is warm year round and the waves are great any time of the year as well. The rainy season can often be the best time to go when it isn’t as crowded. The surf is also good on both sides of the country and there are a lot of great breaks to choose from. If you are new to surfing, there are also a lot of great surf schools that will teach you everything you need to know.
10. The Weather: With warm temperatures year round and plenty of sun and refreshing rain showers, Costa Ricans are gifted with almost perfect weather year round. From December to May, the dry season attracts more visitors as it is ideally sunny and hot with little to no showers. This is the busiest time to visit Costa Rica. From May to November is the rainy season, with thundering showers that happen sporadically throughout the day. Many people who don’t mind the rain prefer to visit Costa Rica during this time as prices are lower and the rain allows the hot temperatures to cool off during the day and night.